1/5 Photos of My Favorite Pie Crust
This is my Mother's pie crust - hands down-the best! I have not included the baking directions because it depends upon the filling you decide to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set out the solid margarine stick for a while on the kitchen counter to soften it.
- 2Mix flour, salt,and margarine with one hand in small bowl-1 1/2 quart size. You do not want the mixture to get too warm. Use your other hand to hold bowl or use 2 knives which is what I do.
- 3Mix until you have pea-sized pebbles.
- 4Chill for 30 minutes (or freeze and later defrost and continue with remaining directions).
- 5Remove bowl from refrigerator; add 1 tablespoon of icy cold water. Add more if you need to.
- 6Mix with one hand until mixture sticks together in a ball. Use other hand only to hold the bowl.
- 7Put additional flour onto counter and rolling pin.
- 8Roll dough into a circle for your pie.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 204.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g