Recipe by Chef Lindsay
I was given a pasta cookbook 10 years ago at our wedding and this is the only recipe worth making! LOVE IT and it's so quick!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel garlic and process in a food processor with a little salt and pine nuts until broken up. Add basil leaves and continue mixing to a paste.
- Gradually add olive oil, little by little, until the mixture is creamy and thick. Sometimes I even add LESS oil if I'm feeling more health conscious :).
- Beat in the butter and season with black pepper. Beat in the cheese.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, according to package directions, until al dente. Drain well.
- Toss the pasta with half the pesto and serve in warm bowls, with remaining pesto sauce spooned over the top.
- You can also store the pesto sauce in a jar, with a layer of olive oil on top, in the fridge.