1/1 Photo of My Favorite Pecan Pie
1 hr 20 mins
I'm making an attempt to compile all of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes so that I've got them all in one place safe and sound. I've been making this pie for several years and it's always a big hit. The secret, I think, is the three different sizes of the pecans. It seems like they incorporate throughout the filling better. Very crunch, nutty and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brush egg white over unbaked pie shell. This is optional. I do it because it helps to keep the bottom of the crust from getting soggy.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely chopped pecans.
- 4Arrange the quartered pecan halves on the bottom of the pie shell.
- 5Gently pour filling mixture over quartered pecan halves.
- 6Arrange pecan halves on top of filling.
- 7Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until filling is set and fairly firm.
- 8Serve with fresh whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.1
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 258.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g