Recipe by Megan V
I have always loved peanut butter pie- this one is especially decadent and delicious!
Top Review by Ladies of the Lake-eM Cee
i had this and then lost it. THANKS so much for posting this. I sometimes put beaten eggs whites on top then crumbled peaanut butter on top and brow it nicely. thanks again Ladies of the Lake.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, baked
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix peanut butter and confectioners sugar together until crumbly.
- Put in bottom of pie shell (save a little of the mixture to garnish on top of pie).
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and egg yolks together in sauce pan; bring to rolling boil.
- Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- When mixture has thickened, remove from heat.
- Pour cooked mixture over peanut butter mixture in pie shell and let cool.
- Spread cool whip on top of pie and sprinkle with reserved peanut butter and sugar mixture.