Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe makes a large, flavorful cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add the eggs and blend well. Add the peanut butter and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients until well blended.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Using a fork, make a crisscross pattern in each cookie.
- Bake at 375º for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. Leave the cookies on the sheets for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
Really great peanut butter cookies! I baked mine on my air-convection oven for 8 minutes, and they turned out just the perfect texture, more on the crispy side, just the way I prefer my PB cookies. I made exactly as stated with no changes, but I divided the cookie dough in half and added some tiny chocolate chips to one half, my son's fiance is a chocoholic LOL!. Thank you Lvs2cook, I will make these again soon!...Kittencal:)
Very good. Only had regular shortening and was fine. chilled before rolling. Delicioius.
I make a recipe almost exactly like this - the only difference is I use 1 cup of margarine, instead of 1/2 cup butter, and 1/2 cup shortening. The result is fantastic, in fact I made some today and they are almost all gone. This is a great recipe.