Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite Pasta Salad to make for 2 reasons. It is fat free and I always have these ingredients on hand. A great way to use up Tomatoes and Cucumbers we have this often in the Summer months. Try it I think you will like it.
- 16 ounces penne pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled cubed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped both white and green part
- 2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed and lemon pepper.
- Chill for 1 hour to let flavors blend.
Simple, tasty and light to boot! Really liked the dill and lemon pepper - they make the salad taste so fresh and "summery". I substituted yogurt for sour cream as that's what I had but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing!