Recipe by Melanie2590
This is one of the easiest, throw-together dishes I make. My 3-year-old DD and I absolutely love it. I'm pretty sure I could eat it every day.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for New Kids on the Block tag game 2012 and I really enjoyed it. I did cut the recipe down for just myself and I used the fresh basil option and angel hair pasta...yummy! Thank you for posting.
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- First, I usually chop my artichoke hearts and black olives into small-ish pieces. It makes the dish easier to eat and my DD prefers it that way.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add garlic, chicken broth, and basil (however much you like. I add a lot- about 2 T dried basil or 3-4 T fresh basil) and bring to a boil.
- Add canned tomatoes, juice and all, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add artichoke hearts and olives and heat until warm. Toss in feta cheese.
- Serve on top of angel hair pasta or even on spaghetti squash to make this gluten-free. YUM.