Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These pancakes are delicious and so simple to make. I always have the ingredients on hand.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Add liquid to dry mixture and whisk.
- Don't overmix; batter should be lumpy.
- Heat a heavy griddle or fry pan which is greased with a little butter or oil .
- The pan is hot enough when a drop of water breaks into several smaller balls which 'dance' around the pan.
- Pour a small amount of batter (approx 1/4 cup) into pan.
- When bubbles appear on surface and begin to break, turn over and cook the other side.
These pancakes are really great. I didn't use salt. The texture was perfect. No need to add more milk. They were very yummy with maple syrup. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Potluck tag game
I love pancakes and these did not disappoint. Beautiful big, fluffy, light, tender pancakes. I really enjoyed the vanilla in these treats. I served them with maple syrup, fresh blackberries and a dusting of icing sugar. So good. Thanks for sharing this great recipe Lainey, which I will make again. :)