Recipe by yooper
I know there are other recipes for Oriental Coleslaw here. I mentioned in a thread on "everything else" that my local grocery store makes the best one I've ever tasted, and one of the girls behind the counter gave me the recipe!
Top Review by Derf
Well I accidently came across this Mark, sounded so good I had to add it to our Thanksgiving dinner menu. Very good indeed!! I made one change, personal preference for diabetes, left the sugar out of the dressing and used 1/4 cup of brown splenda. Seemed to work fine. Had rave reviews!! I cut the recipe in half and did make it the night before, love things made ahead!! We loved the sunflower seeds and our favourite crunch, water chestnuts. Thanks for sharing, it added a delightful crunch to our dinner!
- 4 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles (reserve seasoning packets for dressing)
- 453.59 g bag coleslaw mix
- 113.39 g bag sunflower seeds
- 3 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 (226.79 g) can sliced water chestnuts
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, break up ramen noodles into smaller pieces.
- Add coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, green onions, and water chestnuts.
- Stir to combine.
- To make dressing: In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce and seasoning packets until combined.
- Pour over salad, toss well to make sure dressing is evenly distributed.
- If you want the noodles to soften, refrigerate overnight.