I know there are other recipes for Oriental Coleslaw here. I mentioned in a thread on "everything else" that my local grocery store makes the best one I've ever tasted, and one of the girls behind the counter gave me the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles (reserve seasoning packets for dressing)
- 1 (1 lb) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 (4 ounce) bag sunflower seeds
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
- 1In a large bowl, break up ramen noodles into smaller pieces.
- 2Add coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, green onions, and water chestnuts.
- 3Stir to combine.
- 4To make dressing: In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce and seasoning packets until combined.
- 5Pour over salad, toss well to make sure dressing is evenly distributed.
- 6If you want the noodles to soften, refrigerate overnight.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Oriental Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.4
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 922.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g