Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I know there are other recipes for Oriental Coleslaw here. I mentioned in a thread on "everything else" that my local grocery store makes the best one I've ever tasted, and one of the girls behind the counter gave me the recipe!
- In a large bowl, break up ramen noodles into smaller pieces.
- Add coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, green onions, and water chestnuts.
- Stir to combine.
- To make dressing: In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce and seasoning packets until combined.
- Pour over salad, toss well to make sure dressing is evenly distributed.
- If you want the noodles to soften, refrigerate overnight.
Well I accidently came across this Mark, sounded so good I had to add it to our Thanksgiving dinner menu. Very good indeed!! I made one change, personal preference for diabetes, left the sugar out of the dressing and used 1/4 cup of brown splenda. Seemed to work fine. Had rave reviews!! I cut the recipe in half and did make it the night before, love things made ahead!! We loved the sunflower seeds and our favourite crunch, water chestnuts. Thanks for sharing, it added a delightful crunch to our dinner!
OH MY GOODNESS! This might be my new favourite food. I could not stop eating it. I halved the dressing and the ramen noodles, and I found this ratio very nice ... seems like it would be a bit much if I hadn't. I used a combination of rice, cider, and white vinegar, and a few dashes of sesame oil as well as the vegetable oil. A little cilantro might be nice in this, for those who like it. Going to go eat some more now ... MMMMMMMMMM!
This was really delish!! I used rice vinegar, 1/4 cup of sesame oil and 1/2 cup of olive oil...1 cup of sugar, 1 tbl tamari sauce instead of regular soy, and added slivered almonds...I used only 2 packages of the noodles...the kids couldn't get enough of it! Thanks for posting such a great recipe!!