Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My dad made this for me one morning many moons (and suns) ago and it quickly became my favorite omelet. It has all the ingredients I love. My guilty pleasure is putting far more bacon on the plate than indicated below. ;)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly
- 3 slices crisply cooked bacon, 2 of them crumbled
- 1 -2 cremini mushrooms or 1 -2 button mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 avocado, sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 roma tomato, small dice
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat pan on medium with about a teaspoon of oil.
- Crack both eggs into bowl, then add salt, pepper and milk. Whisk until well-blended.
- Pour egg into hot pan and immediately tilt pan so that egg mixture covers entire bottom.
- Scatter/layer most of each of the remaining ingredients (leaving a bit of each for garnish) over ½ the omelet and allow to cook until you’re able to flip the empty half over onto the half with “goodies”. A fish spatula works better than a regular one here because it lifts more of the omelet, reducing the chance of tearing it.
- Cook to your desired doneness; I like mine very dry with some color to it and that takes just a couple of minutes, so be careful you don’t burn your omelet.
- Garnish with remaining ingredients and the last bacon slice, then GOBBLE-GOBBLE!
A delicious and very filling breakfast - I only just got through it all and didn't bother with toast which I normally have with my omelets, thank you Sandi (From CA), made for Healthy Choices 2012.