Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Excellent on a salad topped with blue cheese, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges and pecans but good on any green salad. I have made it with Splenda and even though it isn't quite as good IMHO, it is still a nice dressing. (The servings amount is a guess)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (if you prefer a tarter dressing, cut back on the sugar some) or 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute (if you prefer a tarter dressing, cut back on the sugar some)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- To prepare dressing, warm wine vinegar slightly.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- If you don't warm the vinegar, you will have trouble getting the sugar to dissolve.
- Allow to cool.
- Add onion, paprika and salt.
- Stir well.
- Add olive oil and blend.
- I prefer to put it in a bottle and shake it.
- Pour over salad and enjoy!
I used this with a salad that included feta and crasins. It was easy to make, but lacked something.
This is perfect and so easy. I used Splenda in place of the sugar making it unnecessary to warm the vinegar. This used to make Tomato-Cucumber Salad. I now have leftovers to dress salads for the coming week.
I just started making my own dressing and this was very good. I did use Splenda as that is all I buy. I made this as directed except I used a bit less salt. Very tasty.