Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From BH&G over 35 years ago.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 4 beaten egg yolks
- 2 cups shrimp or 2 cups lobsters or 2 cups crabmeat, cooked,diced if needed
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-low heat.
- Blend in flour until smooth and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add cream and cook slowly stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir small amount of sauce into egg yolks; return to hot mixture and cook until blended, stirring constantly- about 1 minute.
- Do not overcook.
- Add seafood, sherry, lemon juice, and salt.
- Heat through.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or toast points.
- Dust lightly with paprika and garnish with lemon wedges and sprigs of parsley, if desired.