Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
“Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry.” -- YUM!
Make and share this My Favorite Most Excellent Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g bacon, diced
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 566.99 g package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1419.54 ml water
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 566.99 g frozen corn
- 236.59 ml scallion, thinly sliced
- 473.18 ml half-and-half cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, generous pinch
- Heat oil in large soup pot.
- Add bacon & cook until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble & reserve.
- Add onions to fat, saute until very soft.
- Add water & Simply Potatoes. Cook 20 minutes at a low simmer.
- Add corn, red bell pepper & scallions. Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Add half & half. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Add cayenne. Stir well.
- Serve with reserved bacon bits.