“Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry.” -- YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 6 cups water
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 20 ounces frozen corn
- 1 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, generous pinch
- 1Heat oil in large soup pot.
- 2Add bacon & cook until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble & reserve.
- 3Add onions to fat, saute until very soft.
- 4Add water & Simply Potatoes. Cook 20 minutes at a low simmer.
- 5Add corn, red bell pepper & scallions. Simmer another 10 minutes.
- 6Add half & half. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Add cayenne. Stir well.
- 7Serve with reserved bacon bits.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Most Excellent Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 272.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion