Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe so many years ago i don't remember where it was from and is my very favorite one and i also use this recipe for my meat balls, so flavorful.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup of diced green pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canof undiluted celery soup
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- saltine crackers, crushed and added until it holds shape
- Mix all of these except half of the can of undiluted celery soup.
- when shaped, add the rest of the celery soup on top of the meat loaf.
- bake at 350 for one hour then check the middle for doneness.
I can vouch for how delicious and simple this is,as I have made it many times.(I am Chef Golden Wings sister}. I make it somewhat different,using oatmeal on occasion instead of crackers. I also use most of the celery soup,diluted some,and poured over the outside of the meat loaf.You could use 2 cans of soup,even another flavor, to make more gravy.To bake ,I put it in a long baking dish,add green beans,carrots,short celery stalks,plus potatoes cut in half to make it a complete meal.You can use fresh or canned vegetables and vary them according to your personal preference.Do try this..You won't be sorry and neither will your family! Gloria