Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
So moist and tasty. Yum!
- 1 lb real lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder (powder gives stronger flavor) or 1⁄2 tablespoon minced onion (powder gives stronger flavor)
- 14 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup, approx
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into a loaf and place in a foil-lined bread pan. (There usually is about 2 inches of space on both ends between the meatloaf and the pan).
- Making sure the top is flat to insure even cooking.
- You can top it with extra ketchup, if desired.
- Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes.
So sImple to prepare and this meatloaf pleased everyone at my table! We had it with mashed potatoes, applesauce, and sauteed green beans and mushrooms in garlic sauce. It will be made here again!
I made this on 1/6/08 as part of "Comfort Food Photos".For the onions,I used 2 Tablespoons of dried minced.After mixing it al together,I baked it as directed.Then after 30 minutes I topped it with a little more ketchup,and then baked it for 15 more minutes.This is just the perfect size for two people with enough leftoves for a sandwich.All I can say is if you are looking for a "fancy shcmancy" meatloaf,you're going to have to look somewhere else.This is comfort food at it's finest.Thank you for posting.This will be made again,and "Keep Smiling :)"
This is 5+ stars! It is very easy to prepare. It reminded DH and myself of meatloaf we had in grade school. It will be made over again and again. Thank you for sharing this wonderful meatloaf recipe.