Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy golden Matzahs just perfect in Chicken soup
Make and share this My Favorite Matzah Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 4 jumbo egg yolks
- 4 jumbo egg whites, beaten stiffly
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml grated onion
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil (or melted chicken fat, if desired)
- 2.46 ml pareve chicken soup powder (optional)
- 177.44 ml matzo meal
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside. Beat the egg yolks, salt, parsley, onion, oil, pepper, and soup mix until creamy. Fold the egg whites into the egg mixture. Gradually fold in the matzah meal.
- Cover and chill for 1-1/2 hours.
- Bring a very large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add about 1 teaspoon of salt to the water.
- With well oiled hands, make small balls about 3/4 inch in diameter. Drop them into the boiling water.
- Cover the pot tightly and boil for about 30-40 minutes. Don't peek! Makes about 20.