Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love sweet potatoes alot so I decided to figure out a way to make mashed sweet potatoes the way I like them, not too much added. I use half sweet potatoes and half yams just for variety but you can use all of one kind. ENJOY!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 large yams, peeled
- 4 -5 carrots (peeled, you may also use a handful of baby carrots)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Peel all ingredients and chop into cubes. They can be whatever size you like just remember they will cook faster if in smaller pieces.
- Fill large pot with water (enough to cover all in gredients) and bring to a boil.
- Add all ingredients into boiling water and boil until all ingredients are soft.
- Drain pot
- Mash everything together until it's a consistency you like.
- (optional step) I like my potatoes just like this, if you like them a bit creamier you can add a lil dash of milk (or even orange juice) to them.