Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
What would summer, or anytime really, be without macaroni salad? The variations are endless, but this one is my favorite. I hope you will give it a try and enjoy it as I do.
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 226.79 g macaroni, cooked and drained
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped red onion
- 118.29 ml black olives, chopped
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
- 59.14 ml pimiento, chopped
- Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix gently.
- Cover and place in refrigerator.
Delicious macaroni salad with a great selection of ingredients, I liked the addition of the black olives, I used sliced Calamata olives. I did replace the red onion with scallions as that is what I had on hand. This will go into my summer salad rotation and be made often. Thanks! Made for the "Down on the Farm" Photo Tag 2012.
Wonderful is all I can say. I am not a big fan of macaroni salad but this one is great and will be my "go to" in the future. I did use whole wheat elbow macaroni and green olives in place of the black as my husband doesn't care for black olives plus that is what I had on hand. Moving this to my "Tried & True" file.
Well this is now "my favorite macaroni salad" too! Easy to put together, and the taste is absolutely delish! I followed this exactly except added green olives instead of black ones. Other then that, followed to a tee. A must try in the summer, (even though I made in the dull-drums of winter!) I promise you had better make more ~ cause' you will keep sneaking some just for yourself. Loved it! March 2010