Prep 1 min
Cook 11 mins
My favorite way to eat mac 'n cheese from a box (like Kraft's Macaroni & Cheese). The salsa added, makes it taste sooo good!
- 205.53 g box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml milk
- 59.16-73.94 ml salsa (*See note)
- Prepare the mac'n cheese according to package directions. (I have also made this using the 7.25 oz. box of Kraft's Thick & Creamy Macaroni & Cheese, and it tastes just as good, or even better, but you will need to add a 1/2 cup of milk as stated on the box).
- Just before serving (and while still hot), stir in the salsa.
- *Note: Whenever I make this recipe adding salsa that's has more heat to it (like my husbands homemade 'hot' salsa), I only add 4 tablespoons to the mac 'n cheese, but if I use a store bought brand that's not so hot, and is a medium-heat tasting salsa, then I'll add 5 tablespoons of the salsa.
Adding salsa made the mac & cheese really yummy! I used light butter, low fat milk, and organic salsa. I was really impressed with how good this was with the one change! Thanks for a great idea to spice up the ol' blue box!
Wonderful! I love mac 'n cheese with tomatoes so the salsa was a nice addition! Just one simple addition made such a great difference. Thanks so much for posting!!
This is the only way I like my Kraft Mac and cheese! I like to add LA Victoria's HOT taco sauce to my portion...can't live without it! A must try...