Recipe by Domestic Goddess
My favorite way to eat mac 'n cheese from a box (like Kraft's Macaroni & Cheese). The salsa added, makes it taste sooo good!
Top Review by megs_
Adding salsa made the mac & cheese really yummy! I used light butter, low fat milk, and organic salsa. I was really impressed with how good this was with the one change! Thanks for a great idea to spice up the ol' blue box!
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 -5 tablespoons salsa (*See note)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the mac'n cheese according to package directions. (I have also made this using the 7.25 oz. box of Kraft's Thick & Creamy Macaroni & Cheese, and it tastes just as good, or even better, but you will need to add a 1/2 cup of milk as stated on the box).
- Just before serving (and while still hot), stir in the salsa.
- *Note: Whenever I make this recipe adding salsa that's has more heat to it (like my husbands homemade 'hot' salsa), I only add 4 tablespoons to the mac 'n cheese, but if I use a store bought brand that's not so hot, and is a medium-heat tasting salsa, then I'll add 5 tablespoons of the salsa.