Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are my favorite cakes! I LOVE Them! These can be prepared as a muffins or shortcakes or one round cake!
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spray 12 muffin cups or use a silicon heart or donuts cup (what ever you like).
- Combine together the flour with the sugar, the baking powder and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, add the milk and the oil.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Squeeze the juice from the shredded apples and add them to the batter.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Fill the cups 3/4 full.
- Combine together 1 tbsp of light brown sugar with 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the top of the cakes with this mixture.
- Pour in the preheated oven.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and chill about 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Walnuts and raisins can be added if desired.
- The top of these cakes will be crispy and sweet!