Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband loves Lemon Meringue Pie and this is my favorite recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Make and share this My Favorite Lemon Meringue Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Mix first four ingredients in saucepan. Add hot water; cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add slightly beaten egg yolks, a little at a time, to keep the eggs from cooking too fast and being unable to blend into mixture.
- Cook until mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat; add butter.
- Cool for a few minutes and pour into baked pie shell.
- Top with meringue.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- In clean glass mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with mixer until foamy.
- Increase speed of mixer and slowly add sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- Mix on high until peaks form.