Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the lasagna my mom made while I was growing up, and it's still my favorite. I think she originally got the recipe off an old box of Mueller's lasagna noodles.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles
- Brown together beef, onion, and olive oil; drain fat and return to saucepan.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and spices; mix well.
- Let mixture simmer while you are cooking the lasagna noodles.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Spread about 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread a single layer of noodles over the sauce.
- Add more sauce to cover noodles.
- Spread 1/3 cup Ricotta over sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella over Ricotta.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients used, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until cheese is bubbbly and browning.
A very easy recipe to follow, and It tastes great. I would not change a thing.