1/1 Photo of My Favorite Lasagna
1 hr 10 mins
This is one of my Mom's recipes. I'm very picky about lasagna. I like this one the best because it has cottage cheese in it and isn't as dry as many others. Feel free to add more cheese and/or sauce. I usually just eye-ball it. Also, I love to use the sauce from Jo Mama's World Famous Spaghetti. If you make the full amount of the sauce from that recipe, this recipe will use about half. You will not need the ground beef/sausage if your sauce already has meat added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce (I use 4 cups of sauce with meat in it)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage, browned
- 1/2 lb cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodle, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced (shredded will also work)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Combine spaghetti sauce and browned ground beef.
- 3In separate bowl combine cottage cheese, 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and beaten egg.
- 4Spread about 1 cup sauce in bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 5Over this layer 1/3 of the cooked noodles, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
- 6Cover with 1 cup sauce and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- 8Top with remaining noodles, sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- 9Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.6
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 827.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 34.5 g