Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I'm not saying that this is low fat but when eating lasagna, you shouldn't be thinking about calories. But it is sooooo good. My husband prefers this recipe over any restaurants. You can also add any extra veggies that you like. Enjoy!
- 360 g fresh lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (475 g) package ricotta cheese
- 1 (300 g) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze out all water
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (680 ml) jarof your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef over medium high heat, when almost cooked through, add onions to soften.
- Drain any excess fat.
- When beef and onions are finished, add tomato sauce and simmer.
- Add wine and continue to simmer for 10 minutes, then turn down to low until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and spread a small amount of beef mixture.
- Place one layer of noodles down, you don't need to cook them first.
- Spread 1/3 of the beef mixture, then 1/2 ricotta and spinach mixture and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Layer noodles again and repeat the previous step.
- Layer final noodles, beef and last cup of cheese.
- Cover with foil, use toothpicks to keep it off of the cheese if needed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Then uncover and bake for around 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.