Recipe by janetgran51
I have tried numerous recipies for goulash and this has to be my favorite. Such a nice, hearty meal to serve at the end of a cold winter's day.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml sliced onion
- 118.29-177.44 ml chopped bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 177.44 ml catsup
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml fine sea salt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 0.25 ml red pepper
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml water
- 354.88 ml dry elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in large skillet; drain. Add onions, bell pepper & garlic; saute until tender.
- Combine catsup, Worchestershire sauce, brown sugar, sea salt, paprika, dry mustard, red pepper & 1 cup water. Stir into beef mixture, cover and simmer.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Blend flour and 1/4 water; stir into beef mixture & simmer, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over macaroni; mix well.
- Spoon into baking dish; cover with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 30 minutes.