Recipe by janetgran51
I have tried numerous recipies for goulash and this has to be my favorite. Such a nice, hearty meal to serve at the end of a cold winter's day.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in large skillet; drain. Add onions, bell pepper & garlic; saute until tender.
- Combine catsup, Worchestershire sauce, brown sugar, sea salt, paprika, dry mustard, red pepper & 1 cup water. Stir into beef mixture, cover and simmer.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Blend flour and 1/4 water; stir into beef mixture & simmer, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over macaroni; mix well.
- Spoon into baking dish; cover with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 30 minutes.