1/1 Photo of My Favorite Hungarian Goulash
I have tried numerous recipies for goulash and this has to be my favorite. Such a nice, hearty meal to serve at the end of a cold winter's day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1Brown beef in large skillet; drain. Add onions, bell pepper & garlic; saute until tender.
- 2Combine catsup, Worchestershire sauce, brown sugar, sea salt, paprika, dry mustard, red pepper & 1 cup water. Stir into beef mixture, cover and simmer.
- 3Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 4Blend flour and 1/4 water; stir into beef mixture & simmer, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- 5Pour over macaroni; mix well.
- 6Spoon into baking dish; cover with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Hungarian Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 915.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 14.1 g