Recipe by GingerlyJ
I have tried alot of Hummus recipes but This is my favorite. perfect for an easy and healthy snack. i serve it with pita chips and carrot sticks
- 1 lemon
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- First make the hummus. Slice the lemon in half and use a reamer to juice it. Measure 1/4 cup of the juice, then pour it into a food processor or a blender.
- 2. Add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, vegetable oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and water to the bowl or pitcher and process until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- 3. Transfer the hummus to a small bowl or shallow platter and drizzle it with olive oil. Sprinkle the dip with the parsley. Set it aside (it can be kept at room temperature for up to four hours).