Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I've been making this for a couple of years now. It has a nice combination of hot and garlicky. The original recipe called for chiltepins. They are not as readily available up here. I've used under ripe yellow tabasco peppers to great effect. other small, hot chiles work fine. This will last for up to 2 years in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups fresh tepin chilies (or other small hot chiles)
- 8 -10 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- Puree all ingredients in a blender set on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours so the flavors can mingle.