Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
On the advice of my personal trainer I am trying to find ways to add protein to my diet and to the things I snack on. This bread seems to fit the bill so far.
- I made this bread in a bread maker so it is a lot more sticky than a handmade kneaded bread would be,and that is fine. You may have to adjust ingredients to get a consistency that works for you.
- Add ingredients in the order directed by your bread maker but add them in the groups outlined below:If making by hand/in a mixer don't be afraid to adjust the flour and water accordingly.
- Cook the quinoa and allow to cool.(it cooks like rice or similar. Add quinoa, add 2x amount of water and boil, cover and turn off heat.) Either cool all the way or partially.
- Put the sugar and the yeast into the warm water, give them a stir, and let them sit while mixing up everything else.
- Add the flour, salt, seeds and quinoa to the mix.
- Add the eggs and oil and then add the water-sugar-yeast mix. You may need more water.
Love this recipe. I make it with spelt flour so it is wheat-free. Works just fine.
I made this in my bread machine and it came out perfectly. I'm so happy to have a high protein bread from scratch.