Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Have tried a lot of flavored butters, and this is my all time favorite
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, minced
- 1 lb unsalted butter, softened slightly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Whip softened butter in a large mixing bowl with mixer on medium till light and fluffy --
- Mix onion and herbs into butter, stir to combine well.
- Blend in garlic and lemon juice.
- Chill in refrigerator about 30 minutes to chill slightly.
- I like to divide this into 3 rolls and roll in parchment paper, so that I may slice it to serve on bread or top steaks, etc.
- Please allow flavors to blend at least 6-8 hours before using.
- I have frozen this and let it soften slightly before using.
This was excellent herbed butter, grandma. Lemons vary greatly in size so I urge other chefs to add the juice incrementally as it can easily be overdone.