Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Oatmeal is a healthy, warm and delicious breakfast and this is my favorite way to prepare it!UPDATE. I have recently started adding banana and almonds to my oatmeal instead of raisins. It is absolutely delicious. I replace the applejuice with water in that case.
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute (or just use more sugar)
- 1 -2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, if you desire ((or more)
- 1 dash salt
- roasted almonds, cut in half (optional)
- 3⁄4 of a mashed banana (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Stir and microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir. The mixture will be liquidy at first, but it should thicken up.
- If it doesn't microwave for an additional 20 seconds.
- Serve hot with a topping of yogurt if desired.
- If you want to try the almond, banana variant, just replace the apple juice with water, put the almonds in the mixture, microwave as usual, then add the mashed banana after the oatmeal is done cooking. (Do not add the banana before cooking!).
Great oatmeal. I really enjoyed all of the flavors. I'll be putting this into my oatmeal for breakfast rotation. Thanks!
I ran our of my Instant and found this recipe. So easy to make. I thought this came out better than what I thought this would. So glad I chose to try this recipe. Will be making again.
This was not only creative, but yummy! I used Splenda brown sugar & will prob add a little Splenda next time for a little more sweetness! I left out the water, which gave me the perfect thickness. I added some chopped banana & microwaved for about 1 min (I only made half the recipe). Great flavor!