1/2 Photos of My Favorite Healthy Bowl of Oatmeal
2ReDsOx 2's Note:
Oatmeal is a healthy, warm and delicious breakfast and this is my favorite way to prepare it!UPDATE. I have recently started adding banana and almonds to my oatmeal instead of raisins. It is absolutely delicious. I replace the applejuice with water in that case.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute (or just use more sugar)
- 1 -2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins, if you desire ((or more)
- 1 dash salt
- roasted almonds, cut in half (optional)
- 3/4 of a mashed banana (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- 2Stir and microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- 3Remove and stir. The mixture will be liquidy at first, but it should thicken up.
- 4If it doesn't microwave for an additional 20 seconds.
- 5Serve hot with a topping of yogurt if desired.
- 7If you want to try the almond, banana variant, just replace the apple juice with water, put the almonds in the mixture, microwave as usual, then add the mashed banana after the oatmeal is done cooking. (Do not add the banana before cooking!).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Healthy Bowl of Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 227.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 51.6 g
- Protein 13.5 g