Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ina Garten's fantastically EASY (we won't forget flavorful and juicy!) grilled lemon chicken. Recipe from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. (I love to serve this with a crisp green salad and a glass of white wine. -Yum!) **Time does not include marinating hours**
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed (4 lemons)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt, kosher
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large non-reactive bowl, whisk together all ingredients and add chicken to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours to overnight.
- Over a hot grill, cook chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.
- At this point, you may skewer with wooden skewers and serve with satay dip, if desired.
My mother found this recipe in one of my Barefoot Contessa books and made it. My picky eater son absolutely loves it. I especially like it with Ina Garten's 'couscous' recipe from the same book ( a lovely combination). You'll really love this recipe.
Add another 5* review. Due to an unexpected change in plans these marinated for two days and it didn't hurt a thing. Dh commented on how great the chicken was until I had to thank him for the compliment half a dozen times. Easy, fresh and a classic.
This was a great recipe for grilled chicken. The chicken was moist and so flavorful!!! The olive oil really helped keep the chicken from sticking to the grill as well. This is a keeper. Thanks Hollyfrolly! *PAC 2007*