Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple, easy, good gf cornbread. Make sure you don't use more than 1/4 cup of the tapioca flour. The mixture and texture doesn't work well if you do. This has become a staple in my kitchen since I've had to be gluten-free and dairy-free. I usually use Earth Balance instead of the butter and it works well in the recipe.
- 1 cup fine-ground cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- Sift together dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add egg, milk and butter. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Do not overbeat!
- Bake in a greased 8-inch square pan for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Serve warm with honey and butter.
This is very yummy, my brother makes it whenever we have cornbread!
I'm giving this one star because it tasted OK. But something is missing in the recipe to hold the corn bread together - maybe xanthan gum or something. It was so crumbly, I could pretty much crumble it up and use it again in another recipe. I served it with soup, but tossed all the rest into the trash. I would not recommend this recipe to anyone.
This turned out great. It wasn't dry and rubbery as I thought it might be. Moist and perfectly yummy cornbread.