1/1 Photo of My Favorite Gingersnaps
Aunt Willie's Note:
These are my all-time favorite ginger cookies! The whole house smells good when these are baking. The recipe comes from Southern Living's 1970 "Our Best Recipes."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening until soft.
- 2Add sugar gradually, creaming well after each addition.
- 3Beat in egg and molasses.
- 4Sift dry ingredients together.
- 5Sift dry ingredients over creamed mixture.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Form teaspoons of dough into small balls.
- 8Roll round dough into sugar and place on an ungreased cooking sheet.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until tops are slightly cracked and rounded.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Gingersnaps
Serving Size: 1 (758 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g