Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
very easy...white & fluffy
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat all together very well until fluffy.
- Spread on and between layers on cake.
Really easy and very good. The almond extract gives it a nice flavor. I doubled this recipe and since I don't have a kitchen scale, I just guessed on the powdered sugar and it still came out great. It made plenty of frosting for a two layer cake. I also replaced some of the sugar with cocoa and made chocolate frosting for cupcakes.