1/1 Photo of My Favorite Fresh Strawberry Pie
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is my favorite strawberry pie because you can count on it to set up perfectly every time and the crust is never soggy. It also tastes great! I found the recipe many years ago in my local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and cornstarch; set aside.
- 2Crush (don't puree) one pint of berries in blender or with potato masher, and add enough water to make 1 1/2 cups.
- 3In saucepan, bring crushed berries to a boil over medium heat, stir in sugar and cornstarch all at once. Stir constantly until thick and clear.
- 4Remove from heat and add strawberry gelatin. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- 5Mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of hot cooked berries; spread mixture over baked pastry shell.
- 6Stand the uncooked whole berries, stem end down, on top of cream cheese.
- 7Pour hot cooked berries over whole berries.
- 8Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 9Garnish with whippped cream and serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Fresh Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 213.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: