Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is my favorite strawberry pie because you can count on it to set up perfectly every time and the crust is never soggy. It also tastes great! I found the recipe many years ago in my local newspaper.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
My favorite strawberry pie was a big success for Fourth of July dinner. I didn't make any changes (except I didn't have cream cheese, so I'll try that next time). It set up/sliced perfectly. I loved the extra Jello in it, but not too much to make it too "Jello-y" tasting. You should have seen my family devour it! Thanks, Chris from Kansas! Roxygirl
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, divided
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shells
- whipped cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; set aside.
- Crush (don't puree) one pint of berries in blender or with potato masher, and add enough water to make 1 1/2 cups.
- In saucepan, bring crushed berries to a boil over medium heat, stir in sugar and cornstarch all at once. Stir constantly until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat and add strawberry gelatin. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of hot cooked berries; spread mixture over baked pastry shell.
- Stand the uncooked whole berries, stem end down, on top of cream cheese.
- Pour hot cooked berries over whole berries.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Garnish with whippped cream and serve.