Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make this every week - it's easy, healthy and requires few ingredients, but the flavor is delicious.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (or other white fish)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced (optional)
- 4 white button mushrooms (or other kind such as crimini or baby bella)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sliced onions on baking dish, then top with fish fillets.
- Place sliced peppers and mushrooms on top and around the fish, then top with sprinkling of chopped cilantro.
- Season with fresh-ground pepper to taste.
- Squeeze half of the lime directly onto the fish.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- While fish is cooking, mix 2 tbs lime juice, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp water, and a dash of sesame oil in a small dish. Add approx 1 tsp of sugar, although I like mine sweeter (you can also use Equal or Splenda).
- When fish is cooked, serve on plain rice (or rice cooked 2:1 with quinoa), add sauce to taste and garnish with remaining cilantro and sliced limes.
I had all the ingredients, it was easy to prepare. I needed to add more sugar. Maybe my lime was too tart? I toasted almonds to add. It was light and pretty good.