Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
We prefer chicken to steak fajitas in our house, but I'm sure it would taste great with beef as well. I ALWAYS marinate boneless, skinless breasts OVERNIGHT, grill, and slice thinly. I also use half the marinade for sliced onions and peppers, which I marinate in a seperate ziplok bag, then saute in a hot skillet. If serving buffet style, I lower the flame in the skillet, add a little of the veggie marinade, and the sliced, grilled chicken to the skillet. That way, nothing gets cold or dried out.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime rind
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- Combine all ingredients in a large freezer bag, add meat of choice and marinate in fridge overnight.
very nice... I skipped the broth, added a couple of tbsp. of tequila and only marinated for about 2 1/2 hrs,grilled the chicken, it was very tender. Thanks for a good base marinade!