Recipe by tazdevilfan
This is a very simple but delicious recipe, I have been asked for this recipe everytime I serve it to guests.
Top Review by Redsie
Very good lasagna and very easy to prepare! I used some marinara sauce that I had in the fridge and I added to the ground beef some italian spices and crushed red peppers (as we love food with a bit of a kick!). Used low-fat cottage cheese. thanks Tazdevilfan!
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese or 16 ounces ricotta cheese, i prefer cottage cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, slices
- 1 (32 ounce) jarragu spaghetti sauce
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Lasagna Noodles as described on package.
- Brown Ground Beef and drain.
- Pour Spaghetti Sauce in pan with ground beef and mix.
- Lay 3 Lasagna Noodles side by side in a 13x9 glass baking dish.
- Pour 1/2 Meat mixture over noodles.
- Lay slices of the Mozzarella on top of the meat mixture.
- Spread about 3/4 of the Cottage cheese over the Mozzarella cheese.
- Lay the remaining 3 Lasagna Noodles side by side on top of the Cottage Cheese.
- Spread remaining Meat Mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle with Parmesean cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Let Lasagna"set" for about 15 minutes before serving, this is a great dish reheated, you can also prepare this the night before and refrigerate for the next day.