Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Grandma's recipe and an Indiana favorite. Be careful, this is highly addictive!
Make and share this My Favorite Dried Beef Gravy ( for Biscuits & Gravy) recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in skillet and stir in flour to make a roux.
- Add milk gradually until you reach desired thickness.
- Add dried beef, olives, salt (watch salt because beef is already salty) and pepper.
- Stir in egg slices carefully.
- Serve over hot biscuits or thick toast.
Away from the barbeque I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination however this recipe was fairly easy once I got the gravy part down since I never made gravy before. After having used too much flour and thinning it down with more milk and water this turned out exactly as I remember it as a child.