Recipe by blisstir
My Grandma's recipe and an Indiana favorite. Be careful, this is highly addictive!
Top Review by johnmhewel
Away from the barbeque I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination however this recipe was fairly easy once I got the gravy part down since I never made gravy before. After having used too much flour and thinning it down with more milk and water this turned out exactly as I remember it as a child.
- 1 jar dried beef, shreaded
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk (or as needed to correct consistency)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet and stir in flour to make a roux.
- Add milk gradually until you reach desired thickness.
- Add dried beef, olives, salt (watch salt because beef is already salty) and pepper.
- Stir in egg slices carefully.
- Serve over hot biscuits or thick toast.