Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really good and easy chocolate pudding pie. My family has enjoyed this one for many years, it's my 'go to' pie for chocolate lovers.
- 1 (9 inch) single crust pie shells, baked
- 2 (4 ounce) packagescook and serve chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Combine the pudding mix, milk, butter and chips in a large microwave safe bowl and cook on high power for three minute intervals until thick stirring every three minutes. It should take approximately 12-15 minutes to cook depending on the power of your microwave. Pour into the baked crust and cool . Cover and refrigerate until cold. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Cooking time does not include the baking time for the piecrust.
A simple pie appealing to everyone. Not overly sweet--just right. No changes, other than cooking it on the stovetop. Thanks, Chef53, for the kind of dessert my kids (and husband) love and prefer. They don't have to know how easy it was to prepare.
Really good!! had all the ingredients and was very pleased with the outcome...tastes 'from scratch'!! I, too, cooked it on the stove using organic pudding!
I will be using this recipe again! My BF and his brother loved this pie! My BF was impressed at how thick this chocolate pie was. This will be my go-to-chocolate pie from now on! I had to search through a lot of recipes to find this gem. Thank Chef53Kathy. Also, I LOVED the directions. The microwave really works for this recipe. 10 stars!!!!