Recipe by Chef53Kathy
This is a really good and easy chocolate pudding pie. My family has enjoyed this one for many years, it's my 'go to' pie for chocolate lovers.
Top Review by ladyfingers
A simple pie appealing to everyone. Not overly sweet--just right. No changes, other than cooking it on the stovetop. Thanks, Chef53, for the kind of dessert my kids (and husband) love and prefer. They don't have to know how easy it was to prepare.
- 1 (9 inch) single crust pie shells, baked
- 2 (4 ounce) packagescook and serve chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the pudding mix, milk, butter and chips in a large microwave safe bowl and cook on high power for three minute intervals until thick stirring every three minutes. It should take approximately 12-15 minutes to cook depending on the power of your microwave. Pour into the baked crust and cool . Cover and refrigerate until cold. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Cooking time does not include the baking time for the piecrust.