Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the Devilled Eggs recipe I make with my mom. They are so delish. From your friend, Christina, the nine year old chef.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- sweet paprika
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and mash them with the mayonnaise, mustard, until smooth and velvety.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place equal amounts into hollows of each egg half.
- Garnish by sprinkling paprika over the top of the eggs.
Sometimes you just crave traditional - comfort food, and that's what this is. Just the way my mom made deviled eggs; this was super satisfying. The only thing I did different was to use smoked paprika, which isn't what I grew up on, but is all we have in the house these days. I also did not pay attention to measurements, just added til it was the right creaminess.
In Australia Praise makes Dijonnaise which makes this recipe even easier. Very nice recipe which disappeared very quickly.
These are great! Really easy, and they taste wonderful too. I was searching for a nice simple recipe for our picnic this evening, and yours fit the bill perfectly. My brothers loved them...I topped each one with a slice of olive, and as I didn't have any Dijon on hand, I put in some honey mustard instead. Thanks! I'll be making these again.