Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This recipe is being posted because I can never remember the amounts of the ingredients. Sometimes, I crave this (minus the cake) and just whip up 1/4 a batch and eat it with a spoon till it gets TOO rich for me to take another bite. Sometimes, you just gotta have a little (or a lot) sweet.
- 2 tablespoons Crisco or 2 tablespoons other solid shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, very soft
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk (to adjust spreading consistency)
- paste food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together in a stand mixer the butter and Crisco until completely blended. Add the vanilla.
- Sift in the powdered sugar a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Keep sifting and blending until the whole 2 lbs. is incorporated.
- If the icing is thick and will not spread easily, add 1 tablespoons of milk at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add food coloring. Blend well.