1/1 Photo of My Favorite Corned Beef and Cabbage
4 hrs 15 mins
Mary K. W.'s Note:
I found this recipe on another site and it is without doubt my favorite recipe for corned beef and cabbage. The orange just gives the meat a totally different flavor than what I'm used to. My son-in-law who also loves cabbage said this is the best cabbage, bar none, that he has ever tasted. I have also made the corned beef in a crock pot, cooking for 7 to 8 hours on low.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300. Line a 9 x 13 roasting pan with foil, leaving enough extending over the sides to cover and seal in the roast.
- 2Rinse the brisket and pat dry. Rub with pickling spice and place in the prepared roasting pan. Arrange celery, orange and onion slices on and around the roast. pour in 1/2 cup of water and wrap foil up around and over the roast tightly, making sure the ends are sealed.
- 3Bake for about 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 4About 45 minutes before time is up on the roast, heat 3 tablespoons margarine and 1/4 cup of water in large pot. Add cabbage and apples, cover and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- 5Occasionally shake the pot so that nothing sticks to the bottom.
- 6Serve with remaining margarine and sliced corned beef.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Corned Beef and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 911.6
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 305.4 mg
- Sodium 3664.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 58.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: